[Samba] Re: samba-3.0.2a openldap-2.1

Peter Nyberg Peter.Nyberg at dbb.su.se
Tue Jun 1 12:14:43 GMT 2004

Hi there! Thank you for your mail!
I hope you don't mind if I send it back to the list.

Quoting Reinhard Sojka <reinhard.sojka at parlinkom.gv.at>:

> Hi Peter,
>
> did you give Samba the LDAP password for the LDAP admin? If not, do a
> "smbpasswd -w <LDAP-Admin-password>" on your Samba server.

Like I said in my mail before. I have the same password in secret.tdb as in
slapd.conf and I've done a "smbpasswd -w <LDAP-Admin-password>" command which
will generate the encrypted secret.tdb file.

> I have no experience with Samba and encrypted LDAP, but is the line
> "passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://l1.dbb.su.se" in the smb.conf really
> correct? I assume that ldapsam:ldaps://l1.dbb.su.se will suit better.

Correct (I think) and I saw that in my own mail and changed it with no
differances. The strange thing is tha I can create a new user or group with
smbldap-useradd.pl or smbldap-groupadd.pl with home directory but I can't log in

> cheers,
> Reinhard
>
> --
> Reinhard Sojka <reinhard.sojka at parlinkom.gv.at>
> System- & Networkadmin
> Parlamentsdirektion
> +43 1 40110 2824

Peter Nyberg
Institutionen för Biokemi och Biofysik (DBB)
Sv.Arrhenius vägen 12
106 91 Stockholm
Tel: 08-16 24 69
Mobil: 070 339 24 69