[Samba] Printer accounting/quota ?

Collen Blijenberg <MLHJ> systeembeheer at hermanjordan.nl
Tue Jun 1 06:52:13 GMT 2004

Well all i can say is that we implemented samba quite
succesfull at our school.. we have aprox 800/1000 users..
but we used Mysql as backend..
within the mysqltables, we added an extra printer field, for the
account printing..

now when one of our studends prints, it send it to a custem build
script.
the script, count the pages and all, and handles the accounting,
we use the cups driver for windows (works ok, even with a few minor
bugs)
but, if i understand it right, samba nowday's supports page counting.

you could implement the same thing for ldap..?!
but my guess is that you have to do most of the scripting and
sollutions, your self..?!
bennefit of that will be, that you can make it work, the way you want.

good luck..
Collen Blijenberg   (Montessori Lyceum Herman Jordan)