[Samba] Samba as IIS Clusters common data store

Michael Bellears MBellears at staff.datafx.com.au
Fri Jul 30 23:28:02 GMT 2004

We are migrating three IIS5 servers, to an IIS6 Cluster and are wanting
to use a Samba Server as the common data store.

The IIS servers will be hosting ~100 Websites, so each site will be an
individual share on the Samba server(As we want to enforce quotas for
each site).

I'm assuming each Site in IIS will utilise UNC path for the Site
Location, and use "Connect As" option for the Samba Share.

I would really appreciate feedback from people already doing something
similar to this...

- Is the above considered a "normal" setup when using Samba as the
common data store?
- Should we be utilising any special mount options to ensure
security/performance?

Debian Testing
Samba 3.0.4-5

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.