[Samba] Re: String overflow in safe_strcpy - bug in documentation

Carl cmatthews at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 30 19:59:25 GMT 2004

Hi,

We have 98se2 and xp home sp1 and xp pro sp1 clients, i know for sure
win98 and xp home when listing a directory cause this problem, we only
have a few xp pro laptops so i cant be 100% sure about those.

as for the directory i can on monday when i go back to work, but it will
happen with any file over the limit, i end up with error logs of about
500-600mb full of these errors.

The clients are windows 98 se and windows xp home, I know that errors
are reported for them im pretty sure its any client but i cant say i
have proven that.

I have a fedora box here so i might try to reproduce the errors on it
tonight so i have sumthing to send you. Its a shame are old compilers
and our old pcb cad system dont like the hash2.

Thanks,
Carl.