[Samba] Read Write by everyone over network

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Fri Jul 30 13:57:03 GMT 2004

The shared folder in Linux needs to be writable by the same user you
are loggin in as under Samba.  In a pinch, as the super user, try:

chmod uog+rwx /shared

or:

chmod 777 /shared

To grant all permissions to all users for that folder.  You may want
to pursue resources on Unix file system permissions and security for
ideas on how to better do this in your enviroment (without leaving the
directory wide open)