[Samba] Re: Access Denied

Sten Sletbak Sten.Sletbak at adm.hio.no
Fri Jul 30 11:52:13 GMT 2004

In article <200407270929.i6R9TjGU047721 at robertsonmann.com>, Bill Mann wrote:
> I enabled wins32 and put the line server =2.0 and it works!  Try it!
>
> Bill Mann
> The Benefits Office
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail (including attachments), is covered by
> the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, §§ 2510-2521 and is confidential.
> The information contained in this message and the accompanying documents is
> confidential information that is legally privileged and intended only for
> the use of the above-named recipient. If the reader of this message is not
> the named recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the
> telecopy to the named recipient, please notify us immediately to arrange for
> the return of the original documents to us. You are hereby notified that any
> review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
> reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Let me see if I understand you correctly.
After upgrading to samba 3.0.5, you get "Access denied" errors on your clients (XP?) when
for example saving documents to the mapped drive?

This started to happen randomly on our XP-clients after Redhat's up2date updated samba from
3.0.2-6.3E to 3.0.4-6.3E. Rolling back to 3.0.2-6.3E solved the problem.
I am having a hard time reproducing this on our test-servers, and I really don't want to try
it out again on the production-servers...

Could you please be more specific on your solution. Is it something on the client? smb.conf?

Thanks,

Sten Sletbak
Oslo University College