[Samba] Quota on Share

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Fri Jul 30 11:08:10 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I've been banging my head against smbcquota with no results, other than a
major headache, and i've not been able to find any info ( maybe looking in
the wrong places).

Issuing "smbcquotas -vv -d 2 //masterdc/admin  -F -U Administrator" returns:
File System QUOTAS:
Limits:
 Default Soft Limit:        NO LIMIT
 Default Hard Limit:        NO LIMIT
Quota Flags:
 Quotas Enabled: Off
 Deny Disk:      Off
 Log Soft Limit: Off
 Log Hard Limit: Off

Whenever I issue "smbcquotas -vv -d 2 //masterdc/admin  --set
FSQFLAGS:QUOTA_ENABLED -U Administrator"
 I get "NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL cli_set_fs_quota_info"

The file system is Ext3 with ACL's and Quota's

This is my smb.conf:

[global]
        dos charset = 860
        unix charset = ISO8859-1
        workgroup = xxx
        server string = MASTER DC
        interfaces = eth0
        min passwd length = 3
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://xxx.yyy.www.zzz
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 100000
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
        time server = Yes
        add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
        add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
        add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u"
"%g"
        delete user from group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x
"%u" "%g"
        set primary group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g"
"%u"
        add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
        logon path =
        logon home =
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins proxy = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        ldap suffix = dc=xxx,dc=xxx
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
        ldap user suffix = dc=users
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
;       ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap admin dn = cn=xxx,ou=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx
        ldap ssl = no
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        remote announce = xxx.yyy.www.zzz
        remote browse sync = xxx.yyy.www.zzz