[Samba] Speed issue with one directory only

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Thu Jul 29 21:05:40 GMT 2004

Hi ,
browsing with webmin is no test at all,
winxp has a service running called windows xp Webclient
disable it for a better performance browsing networks
disable buggy win xp firewall (check other firewall products might run)
  check your tcp/ip settings ( do you have a winsserver , or is samba
your winserver , did you include it ? )
install a dns server, read the faqs , check your logs
think of if you connecting to that share that windows makes a look on it
to play the right related icons relating to you file types ( you may
disable this in explorer settings)
high log level slow down samba , as wrong performance settings, in the
smb.conf
Regards