[Samba] Profiles and login

Sensei senseiwa at tin.it
Thu Jul 29 17:23:41 GMT 2004

Hi.

I'm new to samba, so I need some suggestions about its configuration.

This is my situation: mit kerberos 5, openldap, openafs. On linux
clients, they authenticate over the KDCs, mount /afs file system, get
informations about their home directory with ldap.

Users have a predefined pattern for their homes, depending on the first
letter: for a user name ``smith''

/afs/cell.name/usr/s/smith/

I'd like to make a domain, having also windows clients log on the remote
server. This means that ``\Users and Settings\smith'' should be the UNC
``\\AFS\cell.name\usr\smith'', otherwise, I can map a global afs drive,
like Z: pointig to \\AFS\cell.name, but the initial letter issue still
remains.

Can you give me some hints about your opinions? How would you do this?
What kind of ``security'' would you turn on?

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa at tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>