[Samba] need some advice

lists at mhcsoftware.de lists at mhcsoftware.de
Thu Jul 29 15:43:47 GMT 2004

hi greg,

thanks for you reply - just unbelivable that i got one ...

--On Donnerstag, Juli 29, 2004 08:16:15 -0400 Greg Folkert
<greg at gregfolkert.net> wrote:

| 1. List your problems, as quite detailed as possible. Including Samba
| version, configure options used, what type of environment you are using
| besides samba, the OSes involved with the problems.

i've tried all these - what i got was a generic response - e.g. don't use
win98, use w2k - this is not constructive i think ...

| 2. List your steps you have taken to solve these issues, including
| google search queries used (just the search terms), options
| enabled/disabled/changed, Libraries you have updated, and so on.
|
| 3. Give us Level 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 samba log snippets showing the
| problems, the error codes the Windows side is getting.
|
| 4. Give us a sanitized copies of you smb.conf, krb5.conf, slapd.conf and
| any other conf you are using... including scripts to add users, delete
| users etc....

well there we hit an other problem of this ML, the size limit. this will
generate easylie mail's of 3, 4 or more MB. i've treid to place logs etc.
to my website - without a single reply to my requests.

| Otherwise, you will only get a generic response. *IF* someone can get
| their arms around you problem, they may post a few fixes that may or may
| not work. This is the way of this list, we are not GODS (well except
| Jerry, John and Gerald (plus a few others on the samba team))

sorry, but i'm very, very, frustrated at the moment ... but, i will try
this again. lets see if i can get a constructive response ...

cheers
matthias

Matthias Henze                matthias at mhcsoftware.de

Use PGP!! http://www.mhcsoftware.de/MatthiasHenze.asc
MHC SoftWare GmbH          voice: +49-(0)9533-92006-0
Fichtera 17                  fax: +49-(0)9533-92006-6
96274 Itzgrund/Germany    e-Mail: info at mhcsoftware.de