[Samba] Joining Domain

Christian.Wittmer at intercomponentware.com Christian.Wittmer at intercomponentware.com
Thu Jul 29 11:26:43 GMT 2004

gbengadada at siotel.com (gbengadada)
Sent by:
samba-bounces+christian.wittmer=intercomponentware.com at lists.samba.org
29.07.2004 11:42

        To:     <samba at lists.samba.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [Samba] Joining Domain

>Good Day,

>I downloaded samba-2.2.9, installed and configuted it on a Solaris 5.7
system.

>I have configured it as a PDC, however whenever i try to join the domain
i have created, Windows ask that i >enter a username  and password
authorized to join systems to the domain.

>Normally with a Windows 2000 server entering the administrators username
and password will do it, however I get >this error message:

>The following error occured attempting to join the domain
"sambadomain.net":

>Logon failure:unknown user name or bad password.

>How can i correct this error.
If you try to use "Administrator" for joining machine to domain you should
have a User "Administrator" on Unix-side with uid=0.
And don't forget to add "Administrator" to smbpasswd if you use this file
as backend.
Then it should work.

>Thanks for your anticipated co-operation
No problem.

Christian
---