[Samba] Re: Samba3 - LDAP - USRMGR.EXE

Christian.Wittmer at intercomponentware.com Christian.Wittmer at intercomponentware.com
Thu Jul 29 07:07:16 GMT 2004

"Jim C." <jcllings at javahop.com>
Sent by:
samba-bounces+christian.wittmer=intercomponentware.com at lists.samba.org
28.07.2004 18:05

        To:     samba at lists.samba.org
        cc:
        Subject:        [Samba] Re: Samba3 - LDAP - USRMGR.EXE

>Post your "add user script" line from smb.conf
>You might be missing a flag or something.

 add user script = smbldap-useradd -m "%u"

My line in was correct but /etc/ldap.conf was not.
The problem was that LDAP searches the Machine in ou=People but it should
search in ou=Machines.
So I had to modifiy /etc/ldap.conf as following

---snip----
# RFC2307bis naming contexts
# Syntax:
# nss_base_XXX          base?scope?filter
# where scope is {base,one,sub}
# and filter is a filter to be &'d with the
# default filter.
# You can omit the suffix eg:
# nss_base_passwd       ou=People,
# to append the default base DN but this
# may incur a small performance impact.
#nss_base_passwd        ou=People,dc=icw,dc=com?sub
#nss_base_shadow        ou=People,dc=icw,dc=com?sub
nss_base_group  ou=Groups,dc=icw,dc=com?sub
nss_base_hosts  ou=Machines,dc=icw,dc=com?sub

I needed to comment nss_base_passwd, nss_base_shadow ( not using NIS ,
Jerome Tournier)

Now it works without any problems

Thanks
Christian

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844             |
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz            |