[Samba] valid users %g and %u not behaving properly...

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Jul 27 19:20:03 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 10:24, Chris wrote:
> Okay...
>
> I guess I can find ways around that then...
>
> My thanks to those who read.

It is times like this I like to point out that Microsoft's POS (ADS with
Kerberos) is highly undocumented. There are many caveats.

I myself have experienced similar issues with what MS throws back at
samba.

Case in point, I have just completed a full-on integration with kerberos
and ADS authentication from a pretty darn big Linux machine (Quad
Opteron 10GB Memory and 40TB+ Clarion Disk subsystem)

It is unexplainable. But, once you get it to work... it works. My
problems always start when I have to shutoff error tables and stack
smashing protection. It nearly ALWAYS ends up being a shared libraries
issue.

For winbind (what you are using) make sure the libraries it uses are put
in place and/or replaces the existing ones. The "make install" for some
reason wouldn't (couldn't) over write some libraries in /lib and
/lib/security

Hope this helps.

greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

The technology that is