[Samba] Re: Samba PDC Problem

Kang Sun ksun at abinitio.com
Tue Jul 27 13:53:24 GMT 2004

If you tried different configurations for testing, it might ends up with
inconsistent SIDs.

net getlocalsid

will show what SID samba thinks and see if it is the consistent with your
users accounts' SID or administrators SID in LDAP server. If not, then you
know where your problem is.

If all your accounts in ldap has consistent SID but the samba SID is
different, the easist fix is
net setlocalsid <domain part of SID from LDAP>

Another consideration, have you join your PDC server into your domain? I
know it is wired but your PDC will not be in your LDAP unless you join it
into the domain. I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem.

The last one is well-documented: on XP you need to set certain registry
parameter, which I don't rember now, to zero.

Hope this helps.

-- Kang

news:41052E94.3070908 at bsolution.net...