[Samba] porfile and netlogon

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Jul 27 12:41:18 GMT 2004

komal wrote:

>Hi
>Please explain me what is the purpose of profile and netlogon share .My
>understanding is that profile share is used for storing user profile. But
>not sure about netlogon share.

[netlogon] is where the logon script(s) are stored for one.  When you
say 'logon script = something.bat', something.bat must be located in the
netlogon share.  Also, if you have a network Default User profile it has
to live in netlogon.  I believe that the group policy files also live
there, although I don't use them (yet) so I may be wrong.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.