[Samba] Empty print queue

Gabor Kiss [Bitman] kissg at cdata.hu
Tue Jul 27 09:26:09 GMT 2004

Folks,

(I'm a quite new Samba user. I.e. lamer. ;-)

File sharing works well.
Users can also print on shared printers.
But
- (Windows XP) clients mostly report printers as unaccessable,
- Opening printer icon produces empty list of queued jobs.

I spent half a day with debugging smbd. I found, that the configured
'lpq command' runs well, its output is parsed correctly.
However the list of pending jobs isn't sent back to client
at least I cannot see it in tcpdump's output.

Of course the other printer related commands (lprm, lppause, etc.)
are unusable in lack of job list.

I need some debugging help.
What to check now?
Is there any client for Linux that an also gets job list?

Environment:
- Samba version: 3.0.4-Debian
- Spooler: lprng
- Kernel: 2.6.7

Any help, idea or suggestion will be appreciated.

Gabor
--
E-mail = m-mail * c-mail ^ 2