[Samba] Re: Samba3+samba-vscan+clamav = A big headache.

Rainer Link link at foo.fh-furtwangen.de
Mon Jul 26 08:47:49 GMT 2004

Chris E wrote:

> which I'm not sure if worked or not but seems to have not errored and
> comipiled fine. Then I setup my smb.conf with the following
>
> [global]
>         vfs object = /usr/local/lib/samba/vscan-clamav.so
>         vfs options = config-file =
> /usr/local/etc/samba-vscan/vscan-clamav.conf

Actually, I'm not familiar with the ports of Samba and samba-vscan of FBSD.
For Samba 3.x, the vfs object(s) have to be written _without_ full path and
extension, i.e.
          vfs object = vscan-clamav

Assuming, Samba is installed in /usr/local/samba, the vscan-clamav.so file
must be placed in /usr/local/samba/lib/vfs

best regards
Rainer Link