[Samba] Connection Problems from Windows 2000 Server to a SAMBA Share

Ariyur Rangarajan ozfreelancer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 01:59:49 GMT 2004

Dear All,

I am experiencing a problem accessing a SAMBA share  from a Windows 2000 SP4 server. We have a Service on the Windows 2000 Server, which processes a number of database queries and prepares a file. It then copies this file to a SAMBA share using the UNC convention (\\servername\foldername\filename). The user who runs this service belongs to a domain - domain1 while the SAMBA share on the unix machine is in a different domain. However the domain1\username has full access rights to the SAMBA shares. For some unknown reason, on some days the jobs work fine and the files are copied while on some other days every single job to copy the files fails. We have checked the SAMBA setup and all is OK.

Are there any known problems which cause this connection/disconection problem ?

Please help

Cheers
Ranga