[Samba] can't map drive from certain xp pro computers

Jason cliff34567 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 21:31:34 GMT 2004

I am having trouble mapping a drive on my samba server from 3 of my Windows XP Professional computers.  When I attempt to map the drive, whether through the "map network drive" using a specified password or "net use" with a specified password, my password is rejected.

I am using: "encrypt passwords = no" in smb.conf to authenticate using the unix passwd file.  I have run the WinXP_PlainPassword.reg script on the XP Pro workstation and verified that "Send unencrypted passwords to third party servers" is enabled in local security settings.

Additionally, I have 2 other XP pro, 5 XP Home, 10 Windows 98, and 1 windows 2000 computers that can map the drive without any problems.

I would appreciate any advice.  Thanks in advance.