[Samba] Windows/Linux directory share with differnt security

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Sun Jul 25 16:22:05 GMT 2004

Hi,
samba will first honor the linux
permissions to any file or folder,
so first make clear that the wanted permission are able
to your native nix systems.
If this is ok you can take samba to control
permissions to this share for win clients
like i e.
readlist = @readers
writelist = @writers, Admin
read the samba doku about this,
there is also the chance to make use of group mapping
and acl , which might be more complicated to setup
reading man smb.conf will give you all anwers you need
Regards