[Samba] reg2adm , solution for creating adm ( policy editor files ) out of reg files / deploing ntp servers ip to win domain clients

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Sun Jul 25 16:10:09 GMT 2004

Hi Samabatistas,
as i had to employ my ntp services to all windows system i found a tool
call reg2adm , which was quite simple to make a adm file outta regfile
for my NTConfig.POL to deploy the value ( ip ) from my ntp server
to all win clients in my samba domain,
It is very usefull to implement other stuff like controlling default
loginscreensaver and time for all users ( which was a wish from my
customer ),
it should be quite helpfull to control nearly every part of the registry
of win machine , user, or groups related client via adm file with orktools.
So here is the tool ( i think some of you know it allready )
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1421.html
here some mor infos for ntp on windows
( german )
http://www.zki.hs-magdeburg.de/service/dienste/zeitserver