[Samba] cannot change username in winxp prof

Mohammad N. Tina mohammad_tina at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 07:06:34 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I have installed samba 3.0.3-5 on fedora core2, my problem is with winXP
when i try to access one of the share the window prompt a username and password, but i cannot change the username it always servername/guest.
is this a windows problem or samba one.

i tried enabling encrypt password in the smb.conf. did not work.

do i have to create  a samba user for each user, how can i let samba read unix user and allow user to login with their unix username and password?