[Samba] Machine accounts, Samba 3, NT Domain migration

Paul Thompson - TCOM pault at tcom.com.au
Sat Jul 24 17:48:02 GMT 2004

Problem:           Cannot get Windows XP client to logon onto domain when
using on the fly machine provisioning

Version:            SAMBA version 3.0.3-5

OS:                  Fedora 2 (and other Redhat flavours)

Workaround:      Change the name of your workstation to ALL BE lower case

Notes:               Finally
 I’ve cracked this auto machine provisioning
issue.  Its taken me 4 bloody hours!

YOU MUST HAVE lower CASE MACHINE NAMES.  They must be completely lower case

                        Can someone in the Samba team please make a note
about this
 I’ve not found anything about this on the web anywhere.

Paul Thompson