[Samba] why join domain

Sat Jul 24 16:56:09 GMT 2004

Once a windows computer is joined to the domain, it will use the PDC to
authenticate for everything, so centralising the user accounts. There is
no need to have local accounts on the clients. If you have few accounts
then this isn't so much of a bonus

Also, there are other nice features of a global account (such as roaming
profiles), but you may not want them.

Hope this helps,

Alex Forrow

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:39:16 -1200, brucehohl at access-4-free.com