[Samba] mount smbfs win2K + kerberos

nicolas.clementz nicolas.clementz at laposte.net
Sat Jul 24 16:42:37 GMT 2004

I have the 3.0.5 version of samba on my debian Sarge (or
Mandrake 9.1). Im looking for explication about the kerberos
support for smbfs mounting. Both Rpcclient and smbclient work
fine with the -k option (Kerberos Ticket instead of user login
and password) , but
the command "mount -t smbfs //serverWin2k/share -o krb" return
me "Warning: kerberos support will only work for samba servers".

It kerberos only works with Samba ? If yes, when a Linux
Machine with Samba could mount a smb (or Cifs) Windows Share
with Kerberos ?

Thanks !

Bonne chance pour la suite