[Samba] Re: i need recycle bin configuration

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Fri Jul 23 22:28:55 GMT 2004

Whoops!!! My bad.  This actually *does* work!
[profiles]
.
.
.
recycle:repository = ../../../../../home/%U/Desktop/Trash
#Dump it in the users Unix trash dir for centralized trash.

[homes]
.
.
.
recycle:repository = ./Desktop/Trash

I note that with a redirected "My Documents" that Windows creates it's
own recycler which I assume it will also dump.

Also, I find that files and folders created on the desktop do not go to
the remote trash directory. This make sense as it is probably a cacheing
issue.  On my box, if a user leaves a bunch of crap on thier desktop I
have a script that moves it to the trash bin just after logout anyway.

> Got it partially working. I note that this works"
> recycle:repository = %U/Trash
> and this does not:
> recycle:repository = /../../../home/%U/Trash
> You did say it was relative... hmmm but perhaps I should be thinking in

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|