[Samba] Auto-Create Directory

Ray Holtz rjholtz at siu.edu
Fri Jul 23 13:36:58 GMT 2004

I have a samba server set so that each user in a windows 2003
active directory can have their own personal, private share.  I
would like to know how to set up Samba so that their directory
is created automatically, rather than me creating 1300
directories on the linux server.

I cannot use pam_mkhomedir.so because 'security = ads' in
smb.conf and 'encryption = yes' must be there.  I thought about
making a script to run in preexec everytime, but would that take
up a lot of CPU cycles?  This is for a highschool, so every hour
many, many students will all be logging on at the same time.  Is
there another way to have samba create a home directory for a
user automatically?

Thanks,
Ray