[Samba] Re: i need recycle bin configuration

Holger Krull holger.krull at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 08:57:49 GMT 2004

Jim C. schrieb:

> It does exist. On a Mandrake box, if you change to the profile directory:
> cd /var/lib/samba/profiles/[username]
> and then use
> /../../../home/%U/Trash
> then what you find is that you are in the /home/[username]/Trash
> directory which lies within the bounds of the homes share.

That's confusing to me. How can one go above root directory?

> The idea was centralized trash. You must admit that it would be nice to
> be able to find all the trash in one place for one user.

Hm, maybe nice for the user.
But if you want to achieve this with the path for recycle that would mean copying the data around instead of moving? Bad idea. I don't think recycle works that way. Maybe you could make links to all recycle paths somewhere and share them.