[Samba] Re: smbldap-populate issues?

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Fri Jul 23 02:24:09 GMT 2004

Are you using an old 2.x schema file for OpenLDAP?  If so then this is
the problem.  You will need to migrate to the new samba record formats
and update the schema file at the very least if this is the case.

Jim C.
> Hi guys,
>
> I appear to have some issues with smbldap-populate, this used to work
> fine but I've recently upgraded the dev box from RH8.0 to Fedora Core 1,
> I assume it's related but I'm not sure exactly how...
> As you can see the first ou creates work, so it must at least be binding
> to the ldap server, but it seems to have a problem with the samba
> objectclass?
>
> Any assistance much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Eric
>
> Here's what I'm getting from smbldap-populate
>
> [root at itouch-1008 root]# smbldap-populate
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> ~        LANGUAGE = (unset),
> ~        LC_ALL = "default",
> ~        LANG = "en_AU.UTF-8"
> ~    are supported and installed on your system.
> Using builtin directory structure
> adding new entry: dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> adding new entry: ou=Users,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> adding new entry: ou=Groups,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> adding new entry: ou=Computers,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> adding new entry: ou=Idmap,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> adding new entry: cn=NextFreeUnixId,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: unrecognized objectClass 'sambaUnixIdPool' at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 7.
> adding new entry: uid=Administrator,ou=Users,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambapwdlastset: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 8.
> adding new entry: uid=nobody,ou=Users,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambapwdlastset: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 9.
> adding new entry: cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambasid: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 10.
> adding new entry: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambasid: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 11.
> adding new entry: cn=Domain Guests,ou=Groups,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambasid: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 19.
> adding new entry: cn=Print Operators,ou=Groups,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambasid: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 20.
> adding new entry: cn=Backup Operators,ou=Groups,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambasid: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 21.
> adding new entry: cn=Replicators,ou=Groups,dc=itouchaudev,dc=com
> failed to add entry: sambasid: attribute type undefined at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 388, <GEN1> line 21.

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|