[Samba] Solution! Re: Enum printers slow in general... -> Re: 6 second delay for File / Print dialog to come up

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Jul 22 20:13:46 GMT 2004

Don't use the PrinUI.DLL to attach users to printers during the LOGON.BAT.

If I leave an icon for users to click on after they get logged in all is well. If I do it for them during the LOGON.BAT, File/Print takes 6 to 7 second to come up.

This was with Win2K SP4 and current hot fixes up to the batch M$ released on July 17.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems