[Samba] Cannot delete used folders?

Volker Tanger volker.tanger at detewe.de
Thu Jul 22 17:43:53 GMT 2004

Greetings!

Short version:

Long version:
-------------
I'm using Samba 2.2.3a (Debian Woody package, recompiled with ACL
support) on XFS using windbind and security=domain.

Directly below the share directory I have

[group_dirs]
	group1
	group2
	group3

The [group_dirs] itself does not have any ACL settings.

All group? dirs have permission set to 0770 plus ACLs set (via setfacl)
like
	# file: group1
	# owner: root
	# group: DOMAIN\Domain-User
	user::rwx
	user:DOMAIN\user1:rwx
	user:DOMAIN\user2:rwx
	group::---
	mask::rwx
	other::---
	default:user::rwx
	default:user:DOMAIN\user1:rwx
	default:user:DOMAIN\user2:rwx
	default:group::---
	default:mask::rwx
	default:other::---

I cannot rename or delete the directories that have been used (i.e.
files or subdirectories were created within). Everything else is fine,
renamable, deletable. Regular files are not a problem at all.

Trying to delete complains with a "Zugriffsverletzung" (Access
violation?). Fiddling with locking=no or oplocks=no did not help.

I'm stuck here - can someone give me a hint or pointer?

Thanks a lot

Volker Tanger
ITK Security