[Samba] Re: vampire failed for undefiled value sambaSID

ksun at ABINITIO.COM ksun at ABINITIO.COM
Thu Jul 22 17:28:16 GMT 2004

Greetings,
        The problem I had ""Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined
value 'smbaSID'"  was due to the fact the initial ldap was not preloaded
to have enough entries. I don't know what entry was missing.
        According to Samba-3 by Examples, Chapter 8, I preloaded the ldap
with the preload.LDIF file and then start the migration; I got the
sambaSID undefined error.
        Now I run .smbldap-populate.pl, to populate the ldap database,
certain entries are preexiting, the vampring process seems to create all
users, except for every users, I got

        "Creating account: bromley
        [2004/07/22 13:14:11, 0]
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_add_sam_account(1573)
        ldapsam_add_sam_account: User 'bromley' already in the base, with
samba attributes"

        Does this message matter?

The preload.LDIF has the following entry, would somebody please tell me
what entry is missing? Thanks!

-- Kang Sun

=================================
dn: dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
dc: ab
o: ab
structuralObjectClass: organization

dn: cn=Manager,dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager
structuralObjectClass: organizationalRole

dn: ou=Users,dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Users
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=People,dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: People
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=Computers,dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Computers
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=Groups,dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Groups
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=Idmap,dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Idmap
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=Domains,dc=ab,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Domains
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit

Greetings!

Vampaire process is running, but it failed create accounts for everyone.
The error message is
                       "Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined
value at /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl line 152."

And I looked at the mentioned file and the line is
        $userGroupSID = $group_entry->get_value('sambaSID');

I am following examples in "Samba-3 by Examples".
Configuration:
        Fedora Core 2
        Samba-3.0.3 that came with Fedora Core 2
        smbldap-tools that came with Samba-3.0.3

It looks like it is the smbldap-tools issue.  I briefly looks at the two
pm files but cannot figure out where it went wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--- Kang Sun