[Samba] Re: i need recycle bin configuration

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Thu Jul 22 17:03:27 GMT 2004

Got it partially working. I note that this works"

recycle:repository = %U/Trash

and this does not:

recycle:repository = /../../../home/%U/Trash

You did say it was relative... hmmm but perhaps I should be thinking in
terms of UNC paths? That might make it more like:

recycle:repository = /../%U/Trash
What about something absolute like:
//servername/%U

I am trying to avoid having links everywhere as they reduce scalablilty
and as I understand it there have been some security problems with
linking profiles to home directories.

Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> Hi,
> you are trying to use the option wrong.
> In 3.x it does not take a path anymore. Only the name of the vfs-object.
> These objects are now located in a standard-path in the samba-lib
> directory.
> the option "vfs object = recycle" is working fine for me with
> samba-3.0.5.
> Christoph
>

> Jim C. schrieb:
>
>> OK, read the docs but it is still not working for me.
>> What happens is that if I put
>> vfs object = [path]
>> in [homes] then try to log in and I get no QuickLaunch icons and no
>> access to My Documents->//enigma/njim/Documents.  It seems like it is
>> basically denying access to the homes share.  This is where I'm
>> redirecting Application Data and My Documents so that would explain
>> the problems. Wonder if I should be checking bugzilla?  My version is
>> 3.0.2a
>>

>> Jim C.

>>> Now, that's great. And really works. And testparm goes crazy if i ad
>>> all this, it repeats that part maybe 10 times.
>>>
>>> Can someone please tell me where to find doku on all these parameters
>>> for recycle? Google wasn't that helpful this time.

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|