[Samba] Files get written with sections of log in them - destroying files.

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Thu Jul 22 09:59:03 GMT 2004

Herb Lewis wrote:

> Did you by any chance get a log rotate about the time of the corruption?

Hm, I can't find any logs that got rotated at about that time - however,
this doesn't mean much, since it's of course very much possible, that
new logs got rotated over the then-new log file.

Anyhow, right now I'm wondering about a different thing. In my smb.conf,
I removed the "log level" setting. testparm -sv shows me:

	log level = 0

Nonetheless, I get log files created (even after I restarted smb).

Why's that?

Thanks,
Alexander