[Samba] SWAT - Could not connect to port 901

Daniel Zimmerman danielzimmerman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 22 03:20:36 GMT 2004

Hope this finds it way to somewhere that help

Assuming you followed the instructions for creating the swat file in /etc/xinetd.d directory.

In the swat file, make sure that the server option is pointing to where swat is actually stored.  Search for it and make sure the path is correct.  If you followed the instructions that I used the directory in the instructions is not where swat is stored on my SuSE linux box.  I had to change my /etc/xinetd.d/swat ASCII file to use "server  = /usr/sbin/swat".

danZ
Check in /etc/