[Samba] Oh Yea! Re: How do you create an accout that can ONLY add workstations to the domain

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Jul 21 17:38:04 GMT 2004

I just added...

[IPC$]
    admin users = installer

to the end of my smb.conf and the installer ID is able to join workstations to the domain. I get an entry in the smbd log that no path was specified so it is using /tmp... where does IPC$ usually
point, if not /tmp then I should make it the same as what it was with no [IPC$] specified.

Any ideas what other default settings I have now destroyed by doing this [IPC$] share specification?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems