[Samba] unable to join domain hosted by 3.0 PDC

Derek Harkness dharknes at umd.umich.edu
Wed Jul 21 17:14:00 GMT 2004

I ran into a similar problem and finally determine that I didn't have
the group mapping correct.  Do a "net groupmap list" a verify the your
"Domain Admins" group is mapped to the correct unix group and that
whatever user you're using is in that group.

I was having trouble mostly because of my own stupidity, and a few ldap
issues.  I used a "net groupmap add" instead of the proper "net
groupmap modify" then I ran into a nss_ldap problem, since all my users
live in ldap.

Derek