[Samba] Does "Admin Users =" accept groups?

Kit Gerrits kit at gerritsaa.nl
Wed Jul 21 16:23:11 GMT 2004

As I recall, there are 2 things to bear in mind:

1/
Samba 3.0 has dropped the admin users= setting. There is only one true
domain administrator: root.

2/
Also, Samba now uses NT Groups the way it is supposed to, with SID and all.
More info can be found by looking up the 'net groupmap' command.

If you map the default NT group Domain Administrators, you can do admin
users the official way.
Also, you'll notice that the number of errors about groups in the samba log
falls considerably ;-)

Good luck!

Kit