[Samba] Compiling Samba 3.0.4, err w/ krb5

Poulson, Shawn shawn.poulson at sap.com
Wed Jul 21 15:50:21 GMT 2004

Typo... "I'm now attempting..."  doh

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+shawn.poulson=sap.com at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces+shawn.poulson=sap.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Poulson, Shawn
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 11:47 AM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] Compiling Samba 3.0.4, err w/ krb5

Hello again,

I'm not attempting an install of Samba 3.0.4 from source.  I want to specifically compile in ads and winbindd support.  So, I already compiled and installed OpenLDAP 2.2.13.

Now the configure script is hung on krb5 dependancy:
checking for krb5.h... no
configure: error: Active Directory cannot be supported without krb5.h

So I downloaded and attempted compile of krb5 1.3.4, but I got this error:
/root/stuff/krb5-1.3.4/src/appl/telnet/telnet/telnet.c:783: undefined reference to `tgetent'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Upon searching kerberos list archives, there was a complaint about this error and having to reinstall ncurses to satisfy this reference.  http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-May/005452.html <http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-May/005452.html>   However, when I compile ncurses 5.3, I get an error about g++ not being installed.

This seems like an endless dependancy.  Any tips on making samba configure script happy?

---
 <<...OLE_Obj...>>
Shawn Poulson
SAP America, IT/PSS