[Samba] Re: Samba & Multiple Subnets

Honey Bajaj honeyb at infotronic.net
Wed Jul 21 11:47:56 GMT 2004

Hi,

  I have installed Samba 3.0.5 pre1 as PDC and two domain member servers with winbind which is catering to two subnets containing only windows 9x clients, the samba PDC is also configured as Wins server. The PDC and the member servers are in the same subnet i.e. 192.168.1.0/24, and the other subnet 192.168.2.0/24 is seperated by a linux router, now how can I make the windows 9x clients to domain logon  from the second subnet (192.168.2.0/24) which only contains windows 9x clients, I have added the wins server address on all the clients in both the sunbets, but from the second subnet my windows 9x clients are unable to logon to domain. Please suggest me some solution.

  Thanks,
  Honey