[Samba] Files get written with sections of log in them - destroying files.

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed Jul 21 09:56:37 GMT 2004

Hello!

I'm having a problem with Samba 3.0.4 on a HP-UX 11.00 server.

The problem is, that sometimes files don't get written properly; ie.
somewhere in the middle of the file, I find a section of logs. You can
find a sample file at
http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Delphi/HP-UX/Samba/broken-samba-file.prt

If you open the file with a "binary" editor and have a look at bytes 6000
to 16100, you'll see that something's very wrong. You'll also see that,
if you open the file in a normal text "viewer" like your browser.

Any ideas at all about why something like this might happen?

Further files of interest:
http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Delphi/HP-UX/Samba/smb.conf
http://stuff.alexander.skwar.name/Delphi/HP-UX/Samba/testparm_--suppress-prompt_--verbose.txt

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar
--
Sind Schäfchens Locken schwarz und braun,
dann lehnt es am Elektrozaun.