[Samba] Help using Samba in ADS environment

Poulson, Shawn shawn.poulson at sap.com
Tue Jul 20 20:09:11 GMT 2004

Hello all,

Forgive me as this is probably a common question.  However, I could not find an answer while searching.

I have a few Linux servers running Samba 2.2.x that are hosting open shares with guest read/write access.  I would like to have these become a member of the active directory and allow pass-thru authentication and authorizations to the shares hosted.

I find where I can join the domain and set it to domain mode.  However, it's not clear how to do pass-thru authentication.  I do not want to create local user accounts for all users.  I want to allow read/write share access to a global group.

Can anyone direct me to an FAQ or instructions on setting this up properly?

Thanks.

---
Shawn Poulson
shawn.poulson at sap.com