[Samba] roaming profiles and samba

Mark Prescott mark at innotechcommunications.com
Tue Jul 20 19:24:43 GMT 2004

I have a network comprised of a linux server (mandrake) running samba 3.0.4
as a PDC and clients all being windows xp.  I am in the process of doing a
practice run of roaming profiles and am currently stuck.  What is the most
common way to prevent two of the workstations from logging into the pdc and
thus corrupting the roaming profile?  Ive googled this till im blue in the
face and am getting nowhere.  I cant possibly be the only person whose
attempted such :)  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.  Please forgive me if
I have improperly posted this or broken some other ettiqute, this is my
second post ever to such a list, so i apologise in advance for any mistakes.
Mark