[Samba] Windows permissions

Jacob Marble jake at landez.com
Tue Jul 20 18:47:32 GMT 2004

Greetings NG-
	I'm putting together a Samba domain for the first time, using
3.0.2a-Debian.  I have created a good smb.conf file (based on the Howto
book by John Terpstra), including the following line to disable roaming
profiles everywhere:

logon path =

	Thanks to Josh Ginsberg and company for that one!

	Now I have created one logon user and have logged on successfully from
a Win2k/pro machine without incident.  However, this user does not have
Administrator privaledges on the windows machine.  I need a samba domain
user that logs in and has all the privaledges that a local
"Administrator" user has.  Is this possible?  I would think this should
be configurable on the server, as authentication is all done via
SMB/CIFS.  Am I right?
	I have investigated the smbpasswd command, thinking it should be in
there somewhere, but no dice.

TIA,

Jake Marble
LandEZ