[Samba] Samba + ADS + User Accounts

Dan Strohschein dstrohschein at thewifilink.com
Tue Jul 20 17:33:21 GMT 2004

Hello,

We have a windows 2003 server hosting ADS. We also have a fedora core 2 file
server running samba 3.0.2a.

We have it currently configured to join the ADS domain. We Can use Winbind
to see users, groups, etc. We can even browse samba shares from windows
computers. However one thing we don't know:

What we want to do is when a user is added to ADS for samba to create a user
directory  (like it does when you run adduser in linux) with proper
ownership of that dirrectory. Can samba do this? If so, how do we set up
samba to do that??

Thanks

Dan Strohschein

Director of Software