[Samba] Re: PDC without profiles?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jul 20 13:11:42 GMT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:51:34 -0500, Paul Gienger wrote:

>So do us a favor and let us in on what you're using in case anyone else
>wants to know...

In many areas I develop my own for use within LDS consulting.

Vendor tools I care to suggest would be Prism Pack from New Boundary
Technologies on the low end and Novadigm (now HP) Radia on the high end... but
either way there is a lot of engineering / code development involved in turning
their shell into a proper implementation.

Vendors do not for the most part understand how Electronic Software
Distribution (managed fat client) should be done, and thus the need for custom
code.

So sorry to hear you end up with off-site machines with no remote access.
Unacceptable in my book. VPN back door, SSH, NetOp, and electronic software
distribution of course.

Michael Lueck
Electronic Software Distribution Engineer
Lueck Data Systems