[Samba] Winbind on AIX

Stephane DAVY sdavy at bics.fr
Tue Jul 20 12:26:48 GMT 2004

Deal all,

I'd like to use winbind capabilities on AIX servers (AIX 4.3.3 and AIX
5.2). In particular, I'd like to define share access based on NT group.
I think I've successfully setup my Samba suite, I've entered my AIX box
in my NT domain and playing with wbinfo (-t, or -a user%passwd) works
fine.
As told in the documentation, I've copied the WINBIND module under
/usr/lib/security, and modify the methods.cfg file like that:
WINBIND:
        program = /usr/lib/security/WINBIND

and... it doesn't work.

Does some of you have some experience with the AIX plateform?

Thanks a lot