[Samba] Re: PDC without profiles?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jul 20 11:49:42 GMT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:31:03 -0500, Paul Gienger wrote:

>Rather than monkey with each client, just don't define a [profiles]
>share.  I'll check one of our setups tomorrow, we have a site with no
>roaming there (for now).

I did not have a roaming share defined and Win2K put up a fuss that it was
missing and assigned a temp one which was erased at each logoff. Not quite the
affect of having a local profile.

With electronic software distribution managing each client, there is no issue
sending out such small registry updates globally... think outside the box and
what now seems a challenge becomes very easy.

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/