[Samba] samba 3 and virtual server problem

Nik n.murino at itia.cnr.it
Mon Jul 19 18:41:23 GMT 2004

Hi list,

I have a problem with samba 3, with samba 2.2.x I have configured my samba
server with a virtual host adding the following configuration:

netbios aliases = alias
include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L

and then I have created a configuration file smb.conf.alias, and I have
configured it as a separate server,

in this way on the same machine I have two server: the first configured by
the file smb.conf, was an anonymous file server (security=share) and the
second, configured by the file smb.conf.alias, a private server (security=user)

Now in samba 3.04 this configuration doesn't work I'm not more able to
access to the anonymous file server, someone is successfull using my
configuration with samba 3?

thanks in advance

Nik