[Samba] problems with samba

luis eduardo muñoz juárez luismj at control2000.com.mx
Mon Jul 19 15:30:34 GMT 2004

Hi :

I´writting form Mexico city because I´ have a problem with samba and I´hope you can help me.
this is the problem:

I´have a samba server running with RedHat 8 and workstations Windows 2000 Professional and they access to this server trough samba. this server contain only folders with files CDX´s, DB´s and NET from Delphi to development an applications to enviroment Windows.

When a user modified or reindex databases on a folder to  workgroup with permissions to read-write no problem, but when this happend only the user who reindexed the files has acces to read-write on this flies, and the workgroup only have read.

this is a part from smb.conf to you check my configuration and if you can help me, could be great..

[CVS]
 path = /usr/dev/win/DevCfw/CVS
 public = No
 read only = No
 writable = Yes
 inherit permissions = yes
 nt acl support = yes
 nt smb support = yes
 create mask = 770
 force create mode = 0777
 force user = danielcr,martincg,jorgepc
 force group = prog_cfw
 write list = @prog_cfw
 admin users = danielcr,martincg,jorgepc
 browseable = No
 delete readonly =  No

[Ftes_Lib_Cfw_2-2]
path = /usr/dev/win/DevCfw/Cfw_2-2/Fuentes_Lib
public = No
read only = No
writable = Yes
guest ok = No